Two Year Protection Warranty
All workmanship, labor and materials used in construction by MOSSMAN BROTHERS are covered by the two year protection warranty to the original owner from the original start-up date unless otherwise specified. Most pool equipment carries a two year warranty. Some equipment may have shorter or longer manufacturer’s warranties and such warranties apply. All Workmanship warranties are strictly followed as dictated by the Arizona Registrar of Contractors and all workmanship, and materials are to be free from defect from start up on the project. All warranty requests must be submitted via calling into the office and/or e-mailing your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Defects or failures caused by the lack of maintenance, proper care and/or correct water chemistry. The swimming pool shall be kept full of water at all times except for the purposes of repair or maintenance not to exceed five (5) days. The swimming pool shall be used in a normal and reasonable manner. (Pools should not be drained when it is 90 degrees or more outside.)
Mossman Brothers warrants, subject to the conditions set forth herein, that it will either repair or replace at its sole discretion any of the following or other warranted items, provided defect is caused by improper workmanship or materials.
· All piping systems, water and gas, carry a two year workmanship warranty subject to outside influences such as negligence, acts of God, expansive soil, or other uncontrollable conditions.
Underground Irrigation and Electric (drip systems, sprinklers, landscape lighting, etc.)
a. Declare an allowance in the agreement for any damages during the project (all repairs done at cost to the client). Any repairs that go above the allowance will be billed to the client. Allowances that go unused will be reimbursed to the client.
b. Client assumes all responsibility for repairs needed to damaged items. MBP will assist as best as possible in locating damaged systems. It is strongly recommended that the client have a professional landscape/maintenance company walk through all systems prior to demo/excavation and as the project advances.
· All electrical installations carry a two year workmanship and material defect warranty. Computers, bulbs, automated valves, water levelers, etc carry less than two years, so it is advisable to review manufacturer warranties for these items.
· Mossman Brothers honors all equipment manufacturer warranties. Most equipment carries a two year warranty. Mossman Brothers prides itself in offering the highest quality equipment to you, the client. Due to this, we carry several different lines of equipment that in many cases offer varied warranties. Please ask your design consultant for the warranty information for your specific equipment unique to your project.
· All decks carry a two year workmanship warranty. Mossman Brothers has set forth many procedures to aid in the prevention of cracking, however, hairline and minor cracks are common in all concrete. The Arizona Registrar of Contractors has published criteria for repairable concrete failures. This statute defines the areas of workmanship criteria.
Tile and Stone
· All tile and stone (that have been deemed acceptable by the manufacturer for use around swimming pools) carry a two year workmanship warranty. All tile is subject to some discoloration over time due to lot dyes. There may be some variation in tile color due to dye lots, such is common and not considered a default.
· Due to varying chemistry in water, calcium buildup and discoloration of tile is common. It is recommended that your pool be serviced by an experienced professional to help minimize these conditions.
· All natural stone, including flagstone and slate, are prone to flaking. Over time, many stones will cease in flaking, however, some stones continue this process for many years. This flaking is a natural process that is not considered poor workmanship or material defect. Some discoloration and calcification may occur over time and can be expected.
· All masonry carries a two year workmanship warranty. Mossman Brothers has set forth many procedures to aid in the prevention of cracking, however, hairline and minor cracks are common in all concrete, including stucco, rock joints in waterfalls, and grout lines. The Arizona Registrar of Contractors has published criteria for repairable concrete failures.
· Mossman Brothers prides itself in offering the highest quality interior finishes to you, the client. Due to this, we carry several different lines of finishes that in many cases offer varying manufacturers warranties. Please ask your design consultant for the extended warranty information for your specific finish.
· Pebble Tec and Pebble Sheen aggregate products are warranted against failure for 5 years from the date of installation. This is for material failure, not chemical abuse or structural failure. Workmanship is warranted for 5 years also as long as it is covered by water. If the product is out of water, such as on rolled bond beam, etc., the workmanship warranty is for 2 years. Pebble Fina is warranted against material failure for 5 years also. Labor and workmanship is warranted for Pebble Fina for 2 years. (Please refer to the Pebble Fina Start up letter for further clarification).
· Natural stone and application techniques can result in color variations in tone and appearance. This variation in shades is not to be considered a failure. These color and shade variations are one of the highlights of the natural pebble pool finish.
· Discoloration, staining, marbling, minor surface cracks or checking, spider cracks, shrinkage cracks, cracks, and minor cracks caused by structural damage are excluded from the warranty.
· Paramount PV3 warrants that all cleaning head bodies will be free of defects for as long as the original pool owner owns the pool.
· Paramount PV3 warrants that the Paramount PV3 9 port water valve will be free of defects for three (3) years.
· Service calls outside of warranty coverage shall be $80.00 for the first ½ hour job time then $80.00 per hour (plus parts and materials). All service calls outside of warranty will be given an estimate for authorization prior to commencement of work. A credit card or form of payment must be supplied at the time of the work performed.
This warranty does not cover pools that are located on properties 1) which are used for rental or commercial purposes or 2) which are located outside the metropolitan Phoenix area. Mossman Brothers Pools may elect to provide coverage outside Phoenix but only upon the written authorization of Mossman Brothers Pools management. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law and provided in this Warranty or the Standard Warranty, no other warranties, whether express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, shall apply.
Coverage under this Warranty includes the repair and replacement of Warranted Items that are damaged during the course of normal use only. Coverage does not include the repair or replacement of any Warranted Items damaged as a result of: 1) a condition that constitutes a violation of any building code in effect at the time of damage; 2) repairs, alterations or service not performed by authorized Mossman Brothers Pools personnel; 3) failure to maintain or service any of the Warranted Items as outlined in the manufacturer’s owners’ manual; 4) any alterations or modifications from manufacturer’s original specifications made to Warranted Items; 5) failure to maintain proper chemical balance of pool water; 6) missing parts; 7) structural changes made by Buyer; 8) fire, electrical failure or surge, water damage, lighting, mud, earthquake, storms, freezing, accidents, pests or any other act of God; 9) neglect or abuse. Coverage under this Warranty does not include the repair or replacement of Warranted Items which are damaged due to normal wear and tear, including but not limited to, skimmer, lids and baskets, rubber gaskets or o-rings, pump baskets, filter pressure gauges, D.E. filter grids, Mega Media elements, Filter Media, light bulbs or remote control batteries. Mossman Brothers Pools is not responsible for matching colors or brands which are no longer available, but will make a reasonable effort to match colors or brands as close as is possible. Mossman Brothers Pools reserves the right to substitute parts or items as deemed necessary by Mossman Brothers Pools. In the event of building or similar code changes, Mossman Brothers Pools is not responsible for additional material, expense or performance of service required to restore the pool to its original condition.
The term of this Warranty will begin on the Effective Date (start-up date) and will continue for the entire time the pool is in possession of the Buyer, provided that Buyer has paid Mossman Brothers Pools its entire payment obligation pursuant to the pool contract.
Submission of Claims
To properly submit a claim pursuant to this Warranty, Buyer or Buyer’s authorized agent must notify Mossman Brothers Pools of damage to any of the Warranted Items as soon as the damage is discovered. Failure to notify Mossman Brothers Pools within a reasonable time shall void any warranties afforded herein. Mossman Brothers Pools shall not charge a service call for any items that fall under the Standard Warranty (with exception of any warranty exclusionary items noted above).
All workmanship warranties will comply with and are requested by Arizona Revised Statutes as deemed in writing by the Arizona Registrar of Contractors.
Mossman Brother Pools and its staff is not responsible for incidental or consequential damages that are as a result of the use or ownership of any Mossman Brothers Pools pool or products.